A Season in Morocco
1 Head Cauliflower
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp sweet paprika
cayenne or harissa to taste, optional
1 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves, optional
salt to taste
lemon juice
Clean cauliflower and divide into florets. Cook with garlic in salted water until al dente.
Drain and mash coarsely with back of spoon or a potato masher. Add spices and cilantro, transfer to a frying pan and fry until any moisture has evaporated and the salad is coated with sauce.
Stir in lemon to taste before serving.
I've changed the original recipe by eliminating 1/3 cup olive oil that is added with the spices and cilantro. This reduced the entire recipe by 630 calories and is reflected below. In it's place I used Olive Oil Pam Spray fairly generously in the pan and coated the cauliflower. Although I liked the original recipe, I think even if I wasn't counting calories I would use Pam Spray instead. I also made this all in one pan vs transferring it to a pan and I cooked down the cauliflower to a pretty soft consistancy but not mushy. Don't let the "Morocco" scare you. This definately ended up being a regular meal in our house.
Serves: 4
Nutritional Information
Calories 31
Fat 0.1g
Carbohydrate 6.8g
Fiber 2.5g
Sugars 2.6
Protein 2.2g